Malacanang has released the list of official regular and special holidays in the Philippines for 2013 under Proclamation No. 459 which was signed by President Noynoy Aquino last August 12, 2012. Below are the following regular holidays and special days for the year 2013 shall be observed in the country as stated in the said proclamation.
- New Year’s Day – January 1 (Tuesday)
- Maundy Thursday – March 28
- Good Friday – March 29
- Araw ng Kagitingan – April 9 (Tuesday)
- Labor Day – May 1 (Wednesday)
- Independence Day – June 12 (Wednesday)
- National Heroes Day – August 26 (Last Monday of August)
- Bonifacio Day – November 30 (Saturday)
- Christmas Day – December 25 (Wednesday)
- Rizal Day – December 30 (Monday)
Special (non-working) Days
- Black Saturday – March 30
- Ninoy Aquino Day – August 21 (Wednesday)
- All Saints Day – November 1 (Friday
Additional special (non-working) days
- December 24 (Tuesday)
- December 31 (Tuesday)
Special Holiday (for all schools)
- EDSA Revolution Anniversary – February 25 (Monday)
Observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha shall be issued after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (Hijra) or the lunar calendar, or upon Islamic astronomical calculations, whichever is possible or convenient. The National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF) shall inform the Office of the President on which day the holiday shall fall.
Here’s a copy of Proclamation No. 459. Feel free to share this with your friends.