SARANGANI, PHILIPPINES—Instead of feeling compassionate in order to make the projected biggest fight in history happen soon, boxing’s pound-for-pound champion Manny Pacquiao became more incensed at Floyd Mayweather Jr., Floyd Sr. and executives from Golden Boy Promotions (GBP) for twisting facts and coming up with their own statements that intended to cover up the mess that they created and even blame it on himself.
“I can’t believe these guys can lie without batting an eyelash and they would even make it appear that I am the culprit for the delay of the fight and saying I don’t want it to happen,” said Pacquiao in Tagalog, as he released part of the smoking gun that he has been keeping—proof that Mayweather Jr. directly accused him of performance enhancement drugs use.
“Liars go to hell. They should be man enough and own up to what you said,” said Pacquiao, as he recalled information that indeed pointed out to Mayweather Jr. categorically stating that “the Philippines has the best enhancement drugs,” collaborating what his father, Mayweather Sr., his uncle Jeff Mayweather, has openly claimed in past interviews that Pacquiao was into some kind of “roids” (steroids).
“It’s all over the internet. (Link: http://www.zshare.net/audio/676796581a1c2a9e/ listeners’ discretion is advised due to foul and harsh language). They all went on record and there is no denying as to who is lying or not,” added Pacquiao, who thinks he is becoming a victim of black propaganda with the intention of systematically besmirching, tarnishing and destroying his legacy as one of the best fighters of all time by linking him to drug use. “For including my country in the picture, claiming that we are producers of performance enhancing drugs, Mayweather and those who are guilty need to get punished, the sooner, the better.”
The now-famous Mayweather versus “RA, the Rugged Man” radio interview in October said it all about how Mayweather accused Pacquiao and the whole Filipino nation of having “the best enhancement drugs.” Mayweather exploded on the 15:18 mark of the 21-minute interview. This interview came even before Pacquiao was to fight Miguel Cotto in November 2009.
Pacquiao reserved and kept other proof of defamatory statements made by other individuals, who will be charged later on in court. His legal team is readying materials in order to file a lawsuit soon. A lawsuit will be filed whether or not his fight with Mayweather will push through on March 13, 2010.
The Mayweather camp and Golden Boy Promotions, have required Pacquiao to undergo a new set of drug testing procedures other than those already set in place and required by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC).
“I want to put this on record again, that I will abide by the NSAC requirements like in all of the fights in boxing history, including all of my fights,” said Pacquiao, who vehemently denied claims that he was against drug testing.
“In all my years of fighting, I have never tested positive for any steroids or performance enhancing drugs (PEDs). I will have any specimen ready, whether it be blood or urine samples, just right after the fight but not a day before, for obvious reasons. That should stop these clowns from asking for other drug testing procedures other than the ones already required by the NSAC.”
In yesterday’s press release, Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions issued a joint statement in order to set the record straight. “They claimed that I threatened to walk away from the largest fight in history. Their first lie! Last week, I told Floyd Jr. to shut his big, pretty mouth and that we should fight so that the world will get to see who is the best fighter in the planet,” said Pacquiao.
The Mayweather-GBP release also stated: “Let it be very clear that nobody from Team Mayweather or Golden Boy Promotions is accusing Pacquiao of anything. But the reality seems to be that for whatever reason Pacquiao does not want to participate in random blood testing, which has already been deemed a harmless procedure that many current athletes are subjected to prior to and during competition.”
“Again, all we need to see are the transcripts of what they said. It is a pity that Golden Boy Promotions should be at my side because they have a promotional stake in my career. They say they got my back, but yes, they stab me, too, when I turn my back,” said Pacquiao.
This Press Release is the official statement of Manny Pacquiao. For more details, you may contact WINCHELL CAMPOS at (323) 681 9505 or send him an email at [email protected].