Fishdance has been the biggest dance competition in Mindanao. Contestants from as far as Surigao, Davao and Cagayan de Oro compete in this event every Tuna Festival and proudly, the best ones have always come from Gensan. The very first Fishdance Champ was Teatro Ambahanon now most of its male members with XB Gensan the first Showtime Grand Champion. The Amazing Kids from Bula also Fishdance champs have made it to the Pilipinas Got Talent Semi finals. Recent Showtime Season 3 champion, True Colors competed in Fishdance not too long ago. If Gensan is indeed the “Home of the Champions,” then Fishdance has been the training ground for these would-be champions. Now on its 5th year, Fishdance Cinco swims further as it discovers a new breed of champions in Fishdance V. Once again event organizer for Fishdance Cinco is Project O! Consultants.
- Open to dance groups with 8 – 12 members, aged 15 years old and above of any gender combination.
- Performance time is a minimum of three (3) minutes. Maximum time is five (5) minutes.
- Performance time that exceeds the maximum allowable of greater than the maximum minutes required will result in a one point deduction per minute from each judge’s score.
- Completely filled-up the application form must be sent to [email protected] from August 1 to August 18, 2011.
- The registration fee per participating group is TWO THOUSAND PESOS (PhP2,000.00).
- Submit the application form with a registration fee on or before August 20, 2011 to above address or during the Screening and Elimination Shows stated below:
- August 20 – Gaisano Mall of Gensan 1st Elimination Show
- August 27 – Gaisano Mall of Gensan 2nd Elimination Show
7. Only 15 groups will move to the FISHDANCE CINCO FINALS on August 30, 2011 at GAISANO Mall of Gensan
8. HARD STUNTS (double back flips) ARE NOT ALLOWED. A TEN-POINT DEDUCTION PER JUDGE WILL BE PEGGED FROM THE OFFENDING GROUPS.
9. Winners will be judged according to the following criteria:
- CHOREOGRAPHY 30%
-staging, spacing, formation and level changes
- MASTERY AND TIMING 20%
-difficulty of execution of authentic Hip hop dance style
-controlled mobility and stabilization
- ORIGINALITY 30%
-introduction of unique dance steps
- VARIETY OF HIP HOP DANCE STYLE 10%
-new school -house dance
- SHOWMANSHIP 10%
-street presence/attire -confidence
-entertainment value -projection
-crowd appeal -intensity
- Prizes for the winning group will included:
Gold Prize 30,000.00 plus Trophy
Silver Prize 20,000.00 plus Trophy
Bronze Prize 10,000.00 plus Trophy
Consolation Prize 5,000.00 (each for the seven non-winning groups.)