Maraming nakakairitang ugali ang Pinoy. Pansinin nyo kapag boarding na ng eroplano — naguunahang pumila na akala mo naman eh walang assigned seats. Gusto kasi ng karamihan eh laging nauuna at nakakaungos sa kapwa nila.
Pag may pila, magpapalusot. Minsan naman kahit obvious na pumipila na eh sisingit pa rin. Mas nakakairita ang mga pasaway pag sumasakay ng elevator. Hetong mga dapat isaisip kapag sasakay kayo ng elevator. Read on, faithful readers…
- BE MINDFUL OF OTHERS. This is not just when using the elevators, but in this case, when the elevator stops at your floor, let those getting out of the car finish doing so before you enter. Huwag mong salubungin nang hindi kayo magkabanggaan. A little courtesy goes a long way in showing how professional you are. If the people behind you in the elevator are getting off, don’t let them squeeze through the small spaces in between passengers – move out of the way to make it easier for them to exit. Minsan may mga taong manhid na hindi man lang kumikilos para padaanin ang bumababa — ang kapal ever!
- DON’T LET THE ELEVATOR WAIT. Remember that there are other people in the elevator who have their own things to do. If you are still waiting for someone, don’t get on the elevator and hold the door open until that person decides to join you. Just get off and wait with that other person for the next car. O di kaya, iwanan mo ang kasama mong hihina-hina. Susme, parang kayong namamasyal sa mall nyan. Also, don’t hold the door open to engage in a conversation with someone outside the elevator, the other passengers of the elevator may have important appointments to get to and will not appreciate being kept waiting. Over na kayo sa kapal-muks kung ginawa nyo ito — tama ba namang mag-tsismisan pa?
- DON’T BE LOUD. This goes for conversations and music. May mga tao talaga na kung magkikwento eh akala mo sarili lang nya ang mundo. When you talk in the elevator, you should not let all the other people inside know about your problems, jokes, or experiences. Atsaka anong pakialam nila sa buhay nya at kailangan pa nilang malaman. You are not in a public market where you have to raise your voice. The other passengers are not a part of your conversation so don’t let them hear it. If you have to talk, do so in soft voices or better yet, stop the conversation until you get off the elevator. Same goes for music, even if you are wearing headphones. If the other people in the car can hear your music, then its too loud. Hindi ka naman siguro bingi ano?
- USE THE STAIRS. If you are going up or down 1-2 floors, it’s good for your heart and for the environment if you just take the stairs to get to where you need to go. Huwag nang ipagpilitang makipag-agawan sa ibang mas malayo ang pupuntahan. Isa you should burn those unwanted fats na.
- DON’T FART. Bawal umutot. There are times that you find yourself all alone in the elevator so you just let go — Remember that the elevator takes in passengers. Just imagine when the door opens for other people and you just farted! Nakakahiya!
- THERE MIGHT BE HIDDEN CAMERAS INSIDE. Be careful what you do when you’re inside the elevator because you’ll never know that the camera’s on you. That mirror might be one-way mirrors too. Pinaka-mabuting gawin is to behave. Huwag kang pasaway.
- LASTLY, DON’T MAKE FUN OUT OF FAT PEOPLE. Sad to say, people are cruel at times. They snicker when a fat person tries to squeeze in. Or when fat people are among the passengers, jokes about elevator overload are thrown around. Hindi ko na pinapansin yan at tinatawanan ko na lang. Pero siempre masakit pa rin kahit papano. Kapag nakikita kong medyo puno na at kahit pwede pa ako, hindi na ako sumasakay. Pano na lang kung pagsakay ko biglang bumusina ang overload warning. Pinagtawanan akong bigla.
So there. Just a few tips for the elevator-riding public. Sure hope this set of tips helps.