Please be wary of Photography Workshops that have been sprouting left and right. Ascertain first the people behind such workshops to really make sure that you get your money’s worth. To make seminars like this affordable to everyone, the Gensan Camera Club (GCC) is sponsoring a Portraiture Workshop under the tutelage of GCC Past President Omar Gallinero. Omar’s works have been receiving accolades from even the most “stingy” critics — suffice to say, this workshop is going to be worth your while.
This is a one-day workshop inclusive of lunch and is strictly limited to fifteen slots only happening on May 14, 2011. Pre-requisite for attendees: should have undergone basic photography workshop/seminar and has basic knowledge in Adobe Photoshop CS3 or higher. Venue will be announced soon.
Herein are the topics to be discussed during the workshop:
- Basics of Posing – This will provide attendees an idea on how best to situate your subject/s.
- Lightning techniques using ambient and manufactured light
- Digital photography tips
- Understanding histogram to assess exposure, brightness and contrast.
- In Photoshop: Levels, Curves, Brightness/Contrasts, Shadow/Highlights, Selective Color and Sharpening will be discussed
- There will also be a discussion on plugins such as Portraiture and Nik.
As an added bonus and in celebration of Omar’s birthday, a minimal registration fee of FIVE HUNDRED PESOS will be collected from each participant. Omar just wants to Pay Forward and share what he has learned from all his experiences related to Photography.
For reservations, please contact Lynette Gallinero at 09228487920.