- Competition is open only to Canon digital camera users, either professional or amateur.
- Registration is FREE but pre-registration is REQUIRED.
- Registration Form (See Below) may be submitted in person to the GSC Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. (Yap Mabuhay Bldg., Mansanita St., Gen. Santos City, c/o Ms. Rose Bertalla at 083 554 6108). It may also be faxed to the secretariat at (082) 224 2524 or emailed to [email protected] Valid registration shall be confirmed through email.
- Photos shall be taken only during the stated contest period, covering only all official component or officially accredited events of Tuna Festival 2010.
- A contestant may submit a maximum of two (2) entries.
- Entries shall be submitted on or before the deadline (October 2, 2010, 03.00 pm) in digital copy (JPEG form only), with minimum of 1MB file size per photo entry, saved in a compact disc. Photo size is A4, in any orientation and color.
- Entries may be submitted personally to the GSC Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. office or emailed to the secretariat at [email protected]
- Concept should be original, entertaining and wholesome, depicting the various sights and sounds of the festival.
- Use of logos and brand names (except that of Canon), foul language and violent actions are grounds for automatic disqualifications.
- Entries should be accompanied by duly filled up and signed forms – one Photo Entry Form per photo and one Undertaking Form per photographer (See Below).
- Emailed forms should be duly signed. Failure to submit the same is another ground for disqualification.
- No name or any mark identifying the photographer shall be included in the photo itself, otherwise the same shall be disqualified.
- Upon submission, all entries shall bear only the Photo Entry Number.
- Names of photographers shall be included only after the judging and during the photo exhibits.
- Photos should not be altered digitally. All enhancements shall be done on-camera. Post-processed photos shall be automatically disqualified.
- Entries should not have been previously submitted or to be submitted to any other competition, owned by other person or entity, nor subject of any copyright issue.
- Only pictures belonging to top twenty (20) shall be printed and included in the photo exhibit.
- Non-finalist photo entries shall be disposed of properly to prevent unauthorized use.
- Notice of entry shall be sent through the email address of the photographer.
- Accreditation ID is not a sweeping authorization to enter any area or venue of any component event of Tuna Festival 2010. Due to strict security measures, there are specifically identified areas that are restricted even to photographers and media. In all cases, coordinate with the ground security forces or event marshals of Tuna Festival 2010. Bring a separate valid ID since the Accreditation ID does not contain any ID picture.
- Photographers retain full copyright over the submitted entries. However, they authorize Canon and the GSC Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. to use the same in any of its promotional campaign or material without compensation or remuneration, provided the name of the applicable photographer is properly recognized (refer to Undertaking Form).
- Violation of any above-stated rules and/or non-compliance of the same shall be a ground for automatic disqualification.
- Judges’ decision is final.
- Employees of Canon Marketing (Philippines), Inc., GSC Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. and the secretariat and their relatives up to the third civil degree of consanguinity and affinity are disqualified from joining the competition.
- Criteria for Judging:
- Content, Value and Originality of Concept 30%
- Visual Impact 30%
- Artistic Merit 30%
- Relevance 10%
26. PRIZES at stake:
- 1st Prize – Canon Digital Camera plus Plaque of Award
- 2nd Prize – Canon Video Camera plus Plaque of Award
- 3rd Prize – Canon All-in-1 Printer plus Plaque of Award
- Finalists (Top 4 to 20) – Certificate of Award
FOR QUERIES, CONTACT THE FOLLOWING: Secretariat: Jon or Venven (082 224 2524 / 0919 613 8500 /0923 452 1994 / [email protected]) Canon Davao Office: Joseph (082 227 8929 / 0922 864 1021) GSC Chamber of Commerce and Industry: Rose (083 554 6108)
Please rate this post!
Did you enjoy reading this blog post? Aminin! Subscribe now!