One of the crowd-drawers of last year’s Gensan’s Tuna Festival Experience was the PASIKLABAN CHEERDANCE COMPETITION. I was there and I witnessed how the whole Gensan Gym reverberated each time a competing team performed center-stage. I saw then that Gensan is ready for the big-time. In fact, last year’s champion – the NDDU PEP SQUAD – was among the universities that participated in the nationwide CheerDance competition held in Manila. They might not have landed a slot in the top five, their being in the competition alone makes us proud. This year’s edition of PASIKLABAN 2010 happens on September 18, 2010 at the Gensan Gym, Lagao beginning at 8:00 in the morning. Be there or be square! Here are the mechanics and guidelines for the competition:
Mechanics and Guidelines:
- This is an open competition for Schools/Colleges/Universities. However only one official participating team is allowed per School/College/University.
- Only ten (10) participating teams will be accepted on a first-come-first-save basis.
- Each participating team should have a minimum of twenty-five (25) and a maximum of thirty (30) members.
- All members of the team MUST be bonafide students of the school/college/university they are representing. The team should submit a list of their team members duly signed by the School Registrar, two days before the event.
- Since this is an open competition, the participating teams are given the free-hand for their choice of music, costume and choreography.
- Each participating team should ensure that they are prepared for any untoward and unexpected accident during their rehearsals and final performance. The event organizers and Tuna Festival 2010 Organizing Committee will not be liable for any accident occurring during rehearsals and final performance.
- Here are the criteria for judging the final performance: Choreography – 30%; Mastery and Teamwork – 20%; Showmanship – 20%; Difficulty of Steps – 15%; Costume and Props – 15% or a total of 100%.
- The minimum number of minutes for each team’s performance is four (4) minutes up to a maximum of six (6) minutes. One point will be deducted from the TOTAL SCORE SHEET of the judges for a every minute in excess of the allowable time.
- The decision of the Board of Judges is final and irrevocable.
- Prizes at stake are as follows: 1st Prize – 55,000.00 plus trophy; 2nd prize – 40,000.00 plus trophy; 3rd prize – 30,000.00 plus trophy and three (3) consolation prizes of 7,000.00 each.
For more details on the 2010 Pasiklaban CheerDance Competition, you may contact the Event Manager Faith Barcelona at 09273789808 or you may call the Organizing Committee of the 2010 Gensan’s Tuna Festival Experience at 554-6108 and look for Edna Simon.