So there I was cleaning my room on a Maundy Thursday – perspiring all over and trying to convince myself that I would be able to finish the spring cleaning. When I finally got to the refrigerator – lo and behold – I found two fruitcake packs still in their Christmas gift wrap, sealed and never been touched. I am very certain that eight out of ten people received a holiday fruitcake as a gift. The remaining two people bought fruitcakes to complete their table setting for Christmas. The funny thing is that I am 100% sure that 50% of holiday fruitcakes will last till Valentine’s Day inside the fridge, untouched and uneaten – mine reached the Lenten Season. So what can we do with these fruitcakes? Read on…
- Gamiting pamukpok sa mga hinayupak na ex-syota.
- Palagyan ng icing at gawing birthday cake.
- Gawing panregalo sa mga bibisitahing maysakit.
- Depende sa dami ng rhum na inihalo dito, pwedeng magpakalasing by eating it.
- Be kind to animals. Ipakain na ito sa alaga nyong dog, cat or pig.
- Pwedeng pang-almusal. Go sawsaw sa mainit na kape.
- Ipamigay sa labandera o sa nangongolekta ng basura. Make them smile.
- Makipag-barter sa nagbebenta ng hot pandesal.
- Ipamalitang ikaw ang may luto nito saka ipatikim sa mga friends mo.
- Pag bibisita ng pumanaw na loved ones, pwedeng iwan ito sa puntod nila.
Whew! I opened my fruitcake and took a bite. It actually tasted good. O sya, kayo nang bahala sa mga fruitcake nyo ha?