In the many years that I have handled the Festivals of Gensan, last Saturday’s Street Dancing Competition was a first in so many things…
- For the first time, I walked the length of Pioneer Avenue giving out instructions to the marshals and parade participants. Despite the searing heat, I didn’t complain. I was uber excited.
- Both lanes were filled with the colorful contingents. I have never filled Pioneer Avenue with such pomp and pageantry.
- If the lanes were filled with the dancers – the parking area was filled with people! Spectators from all sizes – they were all there.
- I have not seen so many photographers with their expensive cameras in tow. Their presence created more excitement for the participants.
- Lastly, I left Pioneer only after the contingents started marching their way to the Oval Plaza stage. It warms the heart when you see the participants dancing with gusto.
These pictures taken by my friend and fellow blogger, Arnel Marco Oclarit, not only depict the vibrancy of this year’s Kalilangan Festival. It brings together our aspirations for a better Gensan. Once again, we proved to all and sundry that if we put our acts together, nothing is impossible.
Here are the official results of the competition: