The FishDance Reloaded Hip Hop Dance Competition is one of the major events for the 2009 edition of Gensan’s Tuna Festival Experience. I’m posting the CONTEST MECHANICS for those interested in joining. With over ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND PESOS at stake, this year’s edition has already caught the interest of hip hop dance groups from as far as Cotabato City, Butuan and Pagadian. Expect a deluge of dancers in Gensan during the Final Showdown on September 1. Read on…
- Open to dance groups with 8 – 12 members, aged 15 years old and above of any gender combination.
- Performance time minimum of three (3) minutes. Maximum time is five (5) minutes.
- Performance time that exceeds the maximum allowable of greater than the maximum minutes required will result in a one point deduction per minute from each judge’s score.
- Completely fill up the application form, which you can get from the GSC Chamber of Commerce office or from Asia United Bank – Gensan Branch or from Gaisano Mall of Gensan or group can get the application form thru email ([email protected]) from July 14 to August 15, 2009.
- The registration fee per participating group is ONE THOUSAND PESOS (PhP1,000.00).
- Submit the application form with a group photo and registration fee on or before August 20, 2009 to above address or during the Screening and Elimination Shows stated below:
August 21 – Gaisano Mall of Gensan 1st Elimination Show
August 31 – Gaisano Mall of Gensan 2nd Elimination Show
- Only 20 groups will move to the FISHDANCE’09 RELOADED FINALS on September 1, 2009 at Gensan’s Oval Covered Court.
- 8. HARD STUNTS (double back flips) ARE NOT ALLOWED. A TEN-POINT DEDUCTION PER JUDGE WILL BE PEGGED FROM THE OFFENDING GROUPS.
- Winners will be judged according to the following criteria:
- CHOREOGRAPHY 30%
-staging, spacing, formation and level changes
- MASTERY AND TIMING 20%
-difficulty of execution of authentic Hip hop dance style
-controlled mobility and stabilization
- ORIGINALITY 30%
-introduction of unique dance steps
- VARIETY OF HIP HOP DANCE STYLE 10%
-vogueing -house dance
-HipHop dance -stomping
- SHOWMANSHIP 10%
-street presence/attire -confidence
-entertainment value -projection
-crowd appeal -intensity
- Prizes for the winning group will included:
Gold Prize 50,000.00 plus Trophy and medal for each member
Silver Prize 30,000.00 plus Trophy and medal for each member
Bronze Prize 20,000.00 plus Trophy and medal for each member
Best in B-boy Showdown 3,000.00
Consolation Prize 5,000.00 (each for the seven non-winning groups. All members will get a medal each)